Do you want to generate more money from
your YouTube channel and videos?
You invest lots of hours creating videos that solve the problems of your viewers and subscribers so why not ask them to make a small donation to support your channel.
Here are the steps to connect a PayPal donate link to your YouTube Channel so you can accept donations from your viewers and subscribers:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on Merchant Services
- Click “create payment buttons for your website”
- Click “create a button”
- Choose a button type from the drop down list
- Click “Donations”
- You can add your organization name..we’re going to leave that blank for now
- Scroll down
- Add Contribution amount
- Check “donors enter there own contribution amount” or you have a choice for “donors to contribute a fixed amount”
- I’m going to leave it at “donors enter there own contribution amount”
- Click “create button”
- Scroll down where it says “website” and “email”..you don’t want to insert the embed code so click “email”
- Highlight the code
- Copy the code
- Paste it into notepad so you can grab it later
- Now log into your YouTube channel
- Hover over your channel banner
- You’ll see the pencil icon..click on it
- Click “edit links”
- You may already have some links that are on your channel banner
- Click “add”
- Enter your link title..I’ve added “link to my channel”
- Copy the PayPal URL that you got from your PayPal account
- Paste it into the box
- Click “done”
- Now when viewers go to your about page they’ll see the link “Donate To My Channel”
- Click on that link
- You enter the donation amount
- Visitors can make a donation via PayPal or with a credit card account if they don’t have a PayPal account
Here are a couple of tips..
- Invite your viewers to go to your about page and click on the “donate to my channel” link.
- Alternatively add a paypal donate link in the description below your video.
Now you know how to add a PayPal Donate Link to your YouTube Channel.