Creating a custom business name and URL for your YouTube channel helps with branding and makes it easy to remember rather than using a bunch of letters in your URL.
Here are the steps to change your YouTube channel name:
I created a channel called “test” however the URL for that channel is very difficult to remember because it contains a bunch of letters.
- To change that my channel name I click on the profile picture
- Click on YouTube settings and under account information
- Click on “Advanced”
- Under channel settings you can see my channel URL is a long URL that contains many letters.
- To change that to a business name I click “create custom channel URL”
- Put your business name in the create custom channel URL box.
Keep in mind that once you’ve set your custom channel URL it can’t be changed.
Now you know how to change the name of your channel on YouTube and Google Plus.
Here are theto get
a custom URL for your YouTube Channel:
- Your account needs to be in good standing
- 500 or more subscribers
- Channel is at least 30 days old
- Channel has uploaded a photo for the channel icon
- Channel has uploaded channel art
And now I’d like to invite you to subscribe to my Free e-course
“21 Ways To Get YouTube Traffic”
Click the link below to get your first lesson: