Do you often get annoyed by the ads that appear
on a YouTube video before you even get to the content?
I find it takes my focus off the video.
How about you?
YouTube only lets you disable ads on
the videos that you have monetized.
Here are steps to disable the ads for videos that
you’ve monetized on your YouTube Channel:
to subscribe to my YouTube Channel
and receive a new video tutorial every week.
- Log in to your YouTube channel
- Click on your profile image
- Click creator studio
- Click video manager
- Locate the video you want to disable the ads on. An easy way to do this is to use the search feature in your video manager
- In this case I’m going to select the video “how to create an animated gif in Fireworks”
- Click search
- You’ll notice it has the green monetized icon, so I click on that
- Under the video you’ll notice it’s got the box checked..”monetize with ads”
so uncheck the box
- Click save changes
- Now if I go back to the video manager and reload the page I’ll see that my video no longer displays the green monetized icon. Instead it says “Not monetized”
Now you know how to disable the ads on your YouTube video so people can get to your content right away instead of being distracted by the ads.
And now I’d like to invite you to subscribe to my free e-course
“21 ways to get YouTube traffic”