Did you ever want to slow down a YouTube video so you could take notes, watch a sports play or specific dance move? YouTube offers a slow motion option but it’s not easy to find.
Here’s how to slow down your YouTube videos
using the Chrome browser:
- Click on the settings icon
- Go to the speed drop down box and select your speed
- Select 0.25 for quarter the speed or 0.5 for half speed
- Of course if you want to speed it up you can also select 1.25x or 1.5x or 2x the speed.
- Let’s try 0.5
- Let’s play the video..so I sound a little drunk
But what if you don’t use the Chrome Browser?
What if you use Firefox, internet Explorer or Safari? For these browsers you have to enable the HTML player for YouTube.
Here the the steps to get the HTML YouTube player:
- Go to
- Click “request the HTML5 player”
- If you scroll down a bit it says supported browsers Google Chrome, Internet explorer, Firefox, Opera and Safari
- Let’s check the video
- Click on the settings cog
- Select the speed. In this case we’ll go to 0.5
- Play the video…it will now play at half the normal speed
Now you know how to play YouTube videos in slow motion
And now I’d like to invite you to subscribe to my free e-course
“21 ways to get YouTube Traffic”
to receive your first lesson.