- What if you want to start an embedded YouTube video at a specific time?
- Perhaps you only want your visitors to view a certain section of your video instead of having them watch the whole video.
Follow these steps to learn how to embed a
YouTube Video with a specific time stamp:
- Select the video that you want to embed
In this case I’ve selected Steve Job’s Stanford Commencement speech of 2005 and I’ve selected the section that begins at 8 minutes 49 seconds where he talks about “death.” This means people won’t have to watch the whole 14 minutes and 33 seconds of the video if they only want to view the speech.
- Click share
- Click embed
- Check the box for “old embed code”
- Copy all the embed code
- Paste it into Evernote or Notepad
- Convert the 8 minutes and 49 seconds into 529 seconds total
- Add the parameter “start=529” (see image below) to the embed code
- Copy all the edited code
- Paste the code into your WordPress web page
- Click ‘save draft”
- Click “preview” and play the video to check that it begins exactly at 8 minutes and 49 seconds
Here’s the edited video
Now you know how to begin an embedded video at a specific time by using a time stamp in the embed code.
Get 21 more advanced strategies for generating traffic and leads from YouTube videos by subscribing to my free e-course
“21 ways to to get YouTube Traffic”