So you’ve created a long video but only want to share a certain section with your audience after uploading it to YouTube. The best way to do this is to use the YouTube editor. It enables you to trim parts of the video right within YouTube and just leave the section you want to display to the viewer.
- Login to your YouTube channel
- Click video manager
- Select the video you wish to trim
- Click edit
- Go to enhancements
- Click trim
- Drag the left handle on the timeline to 1 minute and 10 seconds
- Drag the right handle on the timeline to 2 minutes and 10 seconds
- Click done
- Click save or click save as to create a new enhanced video while keeping the original video untouched
- To revert all the changes you’ve made click “revert to original”
If you want to lengthen the video
Drag the handles outward from the center of the video. Lengthening past the original length of the video will result in the video repeating.
If you want to cut/snip your video into portions
Clips can be cut into portions. Move your mouse over the video and click the scissors icon to bring up the snip marker. Move this to where you want to snip the clip, then click on the scissors button to snip the clip.
In order to save changes on your video, your view count must..
- Not exceed 100,000 views
- Be less than two hours long
Preview your edited video to make sure you’ve edited the correct section.
Now you can trim any videos you’ve already uploaded to YouTube.
Get 21 more advanced strategies for generating traffic and leads from YouTube videos by subscribing to my free e-course
“21 Ways To Get YouTube Traffic”